Account Manager – MOD Division JO 41/18
Account Manager- MOD Division
Purpose of Job
To manage campaigns for future opportunities and grow the research portfolio for maritime defence S&T. Manage the research stakeholder community. Advise the Head of Division on future strategy to set an aspirational and achievable Business Plan Reporting relationships Reports to the MOD Division Head of Business Development
To develop relationships with existing and new customers in maritime defence Science & technology (S&T), predominantly in Dstl, but reaching out to stakeholders in wider MOD. To ensure retention of existing business and to identify and pursue new opportunities to meet business order intake
targets. To support bidding activity through to successful conclusion.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- The ideal candidate will have a good awareness of how maritime defence of the UK is conducted (e.g. Anti-Submarine Warfare), the equipment and tactics used, the environment in which it is undertaken and the threats posed. They will have a good understanding of future requirements and an awareness of future developments.
- Degree educated in a related discipline.
- Experience of the maritime defence domain (underwater or above water) is essential. Operational or end-user experience would be extremely beneficial, such as evidence of serving in the Royal Navy or as a MOD employed civilian scientist/engineer.
- Must have a good understanding of the MOD structure and the roles and responsibilities of key MOD stakeholders, including Dstl, DST and NCHQ. An awareness of DE&S would be advantageous though not essential.
- Has recent knowledge of maritime defence research and maritime defence projects, ideally including the low technology readiness level S&T space.
- Experience of bid or proposal management and ideally knowledge of the Shipley process
- Ability to work effectively without supervision, identifying and pursuing opportunities as they arise and seizing the initiative.
- A high standard of staff work in order that an effective argument on paper can be produced and the work of others can be positively reviewed. This person will be familiar with the production of business cases. As an individual they will be comfortable and confident when presenting information to others, at any level of seniority, in a public forum. The sensitive nature of the business will require a high degree of personal integrity. Excellent communication skills are key
- The key challenge is to identify, grow and deliver new business for relevant research in current and emerging markets
- Formulation and implementation of the strategy for new research opportunities in existing and emerging maritime defence S&T, ensuring synergy and alignment with the overall company strategy
- Representing the company at external events and maximising the engagement opportunities for customers and the supply base. Management of the account map and engagement plan
- Customer engagement and satisfaction
- Maintaining a strong relationship with other divisions within the company and supporting the exploitation of R&D through the product chain
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Equally at home when leading a team or working as part of a larger group, gets involved in working within a team to deliver, flexible
- Able to form a view that others will want to buy into, promotes a “can do” attitude and encourages innovative solutions
- A skilled negotiator
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Enjoys meeting people, visiting and hosting customers and stakeholders
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB