Business Applications Specialist - ERP
Purpose of job
Maintains / optimisesthe ERP Business Systems so they continue to make our processes easier and cost effective.
Reports to Enterprise Applications Manager
Dorset InnovationPark, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
31st January 2020
This role is an AX technical specialist within the Business Enterprise Applications team, delivering support and solutions toassigned business areas in relation to various AX software programs. It ensures optimum systems performance is achieved in order to fulfil business objectives. Working with partners and internal customers to troubleshoot applications and software as well as design and deliver in-house software improvements and training.
Knowledge and experience (will be developed in the job role if not held)
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including AX 2012 –HR / Financials / Production / Manufacturing / Supply Chain / Engineering Asset Management / Quality. Working with and an understanding of 3rd Party Application Integrations / Interfaces and 3rd Party suppliers.
- Productivity Tools including SharePoint & MS BI Tools.
- Proven significant experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training support staff and end users.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft AX certifications or demonstrable experience in AX application and database management and design.
- Certification in other relevant applications or languages if required to support these (e.g. PHP, C#)
Key accountabilities may include
- Responsible for the provision of technical specialist knowledge and support to assigned business areas; working with partnersand customers to conduct root cause analysis, evaluate and generate ideas, design solutions for improvement and contribute to effective implementation plans.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of technical solutions including, testing of new and existing applications. Performing post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including ERP external support, SME, IT and management teams in order to help identify technical opportunities, mitigate risks and deliver technical change / improvements in most effective way.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Manage the knowledge transfer to other team members to ensure there are no single points of failure in application understandingor support capability.
- Ensure technical knowledge is kept up to date, keeping abreast of external trends and developments as well as demonstrating commitment to own professional development.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Timely response to business demand.
- Understanding business processes and AX setup to meet them.
- Professional / Client / business orientated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated and energetic
Graduate intake planned for October 2020.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB