Business Intelligence Developer
Purpose of job
Provide SQL server based reporting tools (Business intelligence) and paginated reporting. To support the development of other Enterprise wide business applications in use.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. You will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
Reports to Business Applications Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Contract, full time (37 hours/ week)
Reporting to the Business Applications Team Lead, the Developer will be a member of a team responsible for the development of Business Intelligence and paginated reports and development based on system SQL databases. The individual will also be involved with the development, management and administrative support of the AEUK enterprise business systems.
- Scope, design and development of business intelligence and paginated reports and reporting tools.
- Developing, implementing and ongoing support of BI requirements for AEUK
- Liasing with internal customers to capture requirements
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Significant and proven exposure to using SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017
- Proven experience of SQL scripting and coding
- Knowledge of Visual Studio/SSRS
- Strong inter personal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Strong sense of customer service and business focus
Experience of any the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Project Management / Project Portfolio Management
- Source control systems (SVN)
- SharePoint 2013
- Visual Studio
- Dynamics AX ERP / CRM
- Business Intelligence Toolsets (SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, Crystal Reports)
- Interface daily with the Business Applications Team Lead and Business Intelligence Team
- Interface with business / functional heads and users as required
- Development and support of ERP and other business Enterprise tools
- Work as part of a team ensuring that Application based IT service levels are met and with quality of service
- Interfacing with users and documenting requirements
- Understanding business prioritisation needs
- Fast response to business demand
- Professional / Client / business orientated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated and energetic
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB