Buyer – Procurement- JO_39_19
Purpose of job
Atlas Elektronik UK Ltd is seeking an experienced Buyer to support the site Procurement team on bids and projects.
Head of Procurement
Dorset Green Technology Park, Winfrith Newburgh
Permanent; full-time position (Monday to Friday, 37 hours net per week)
Purpose of Job
To ensure an efficient supply chain is in place between the suppliers and Atlas Elektronik UK Ltd.
- Procure parts, goods and services at the lowest total acquisition cost to the business whilst maintaining and exceeding site procurement targets including cost savings, delivery performance, lead times & quality.
- To ensure continuity of supply throughout the supply chain, mitigating risks & managing commercial issues including contracts, pricing and overall supplier performance.
- Strategic negotiation of contracts, Terms and Conditions, customer flowdowns and MOD contract standards such as DEFCONS and DEFSTANS.
- Secondary core focus is to assist the Procurement team with category management, supplier and process development initiatives as they aim to improve their supply chain competitiveness.
- Will take the Procurement lead role on “high profile” projects offering exposure to senior management and key technical and support staff across the site.
- Provide support to Project and Bid teams in processing requests for quote and placement of purchase orders, ensuring on time delivery from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Tactical buying input to support site, placing purchase orders and where necessary expediting.
- Project support related to specific categories and suppliers.
- NPI task and process involvement.
- Active procurement involvement at all project stages, offering commercial and technical solutions that meet business and market requirements
- Data management accuracy. Support creation, input and publishing of site Procurement KPI¡¦s and metric reporting as needed.
- Effective communication to site suppliers of AEUK policies relating to supplier performance, working capital initiatives and other sourcing initiatives that affect the supply chain.
- Visit suppliers as a representative of the company to discuss and resolve issues, conduct ¡§Quarterly Business Reviews¡¨ or supplier audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Principal Networks & Contact Links
- Head of Procurement and other site Procurement Managers
- Heads of functions (QA, Finance, Engineering, Production)
- Project Managers and support staff
- Existing Suppliers on the “Approved Vendor List” AVL
- Potential Suppliers
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Lean experience such as a Green Belt certification desirable in order to apply Six Sigma tools within the Supply base.
- Strong all-round engineering knowledge including technical applications, materials and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Project Management skills an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) – IT capable.
- SAP knowledge a definite advantage – must have MRP/ERP experience.
- Understanding of lean supply chains & principles.
- Must have relevant qualifications, a background in an engineering or other related field would be a distinct advantage.
- Supply chain certification to full MCIPS Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
Work Experience Required
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in Procurement.
- Working knowledge of supply chain analysis, contract preparations and supplier management principles.
- Knowledge of all aspects of materials management, including negotiating and managing supplier relationships.
- Capable of formulating and implementing material sourcing strategies.
- Must have “defence procurement” experience including proven ability in MOD contracts, flow-downs and Defstans/Defcons.
Key Performance Measures
- % Direct Material Nett cost savings.
- Supplier "On time In Full" delivery performance (OTIF).
- Project delivery and "total cost" adherence.
- Supplier Quality (% defects).
- Supplier Payment terms.
- Supplier lead time reduction.
- Vendor Reduction.
- Demonstrates leadership skills as a team player, driving value-added results and establishing credibility throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Takes ownership, demonstrates a bias for action, sense of urgency and focus upon continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment.
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently whilst coping with changing demands & issues.
Language Requirements (written and spoken skills)
- English (required)
- Other language skills an advantage
- Based at the UK headquarters in Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset, DT2 8ZB
- UK - Travel approximately 10%
- Occasional overseas travel (dependant on projects and supplier tasks).
- Full UK driving licence required.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance) on commencement.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB