Finance, Central Functions
Reporting to Strategic Financial Controller
Purpose of job
An integral role in the ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Finance team, capturing opportunity data for our P&L divisions to support the budgeting and forecasting process. In addition it will be a key role in the strategic bid review process and ensuring AEUK meets the approval requirements of its Shareholders.
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from
individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Include, but not limited to:
- A key contributor to the planning, collection, assessment, review and delivery of the AEUK budgeting and forecasting cycle. Preparation of presentation material for review by Senior Business Heads.
- Continuous engagement with AEUK P&L Divisions to ensure opportunity data within ERP databases reflect an up-to-date position.
- Take an active role in the review of opportunity data to inform budgeting and forecasting cycles.
- Through ongoing short–term forecasts and longer term planning (OPL) assist in the revenue profiling for opportunities and the labour demand expectations.
- Assist in the sensitivity analysis of the impact of opportunity success.
- Assist in ad-hoc internal and external reporting of opportunity data and statistics.
- Attendance at bid reviews to assess and approve financial criteria for proposed submissions.
- Appraise and challenge base cost, levels of risk and contingencies and the cashflow contained within bid proposals.
- Completion of complex customer pricing schedules, ensuring alignment to Gantts and AEUK Board approvals.
- Key contributor to strategic bidding with an ‘outside the box’ approach to new ideas and methods.
- To ensure the business, through its shareholder guidance, complies with Group approval requirements.
- Take a lead role in the shareholder approval process in relation to offer release, preparing the necessary documentation and advising the AEUK P&L Divisions on process and progress.
- A significant contributor to the financial support of the AEUK LCM Phase Review process.
- Early engagement with AEUK P&L divisions on receipt of ITT/ITN documentation to understand the structure of the offer and the financial support / review resource required.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the business tools required to support the AEUK bid process.
- Ensure adherence to the AEUK delegation matrix and compliance to Shareholder rules, providing advice to the AEUK P&L Divisions accordingly.
- Working alongside the P&L Sales teams, maintain Product Maturity Data (PMD) and alignment with AEUK forecasts / sensitivity analysis.
- Provide assistance across the finance function as and when required.
Person specification (knowledge, skills and experience)
- The role suits an individual qualified or seeking qualification towards professional accounting membership (e.g. ACCA / CIMA), although this is not essential and consideration will be given to applicants with relevant experience, preferably:
- Knowledge of Project Accounting with knowledge gained within a long-term contract accounting role.
- Experience of Bidding and the financial considerations required.
- Experience of budgeting / forecasting with the ability to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with both local and international customers and colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft/Windows application experience with potential to contribute to process and reporting improvements
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB