Commercial / Business Associate
Purpose of job
As a Commercial / Business Associate at AEUK you will be joining a small, dynamic team at the heart of a growing business which delivers high technology naval equipment to UK and overseas customers. You will be working alongside other Commercial colleagues supporting cross-functional teams, and gain an understanding of how the business secures and manages customer contracts
Reporting to Commercial Manager or Apprentice Solicitor
Dorset InnovationPark, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
The Commercial / Business Associate will contribute to the success of the Commercial team, collaborating with colleagues and working in an efficient and motivated way to support the portfolio of all commercial activities.
Providing support to the Commercial team, you will learn to interpret a range of commercial agreements and identify key commercial risks, assist with bidding, winning and managing customer contracts, shadow negotiations, and learn how to influence and protect the company’s position.
As part of the ATLAS Group, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrith, near Dorchester in Dorset, is a market leader in sonar, mine countermeasures and other systems, for submarines and surface ships, and has a requirement to expand its Commercial team to support current projects and future growth across the company.
The Commercial team at ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK supports bids and manages contracts with our key defence customers in the UK and overseas. These contracts range from research and advice to system level integrated product solutions, involving software and hardware and through-life support. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company, working within a small team at the heart of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Enjoys working collaboratively and as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Motivated, with a high standard of work
- Displays great written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of building constructive and positive relationships
- Flexible, organised and able to handle a broad spectrum of tasks
- Good qualifications, and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Computer literate and capable of using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Enjoys learning and acquiring new skills, and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Has the ability to follow processes and apply common ways of working to a variety of circumstances, but can also look for better ways of doing things
- Analyses written and verbal information, and isn’t afraid to ask ‘why?’
- Seeks to continually improve themselves, and is willing to help others
- Enjoys problem solving
- Wants to make a difference and be part of the company’s success
- Commercial Manager / Apprentice Solicitor
Benefits of working with us
- Be part of a small team where your contribution can really count
- Work for a successful, rapidly growing company
- Work for a company that will support your development and manifests a ‘promote from within’ culture
- Flexible working hours with the ability to work from home 2 days a week
- Good range of benefits including 25 days annual leave rising with continuous service, onsite gym, pension scheme, mobile phone discount, travel insurance, Armed Forces recognition scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, dental cover, discount scheme membership, employee assistance programme, eye care, car salary exchange scheme.
Please contact [Name] for further information regarding the role.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB