Commercial Manager JO_66_19
Purpose of Job
To lead all commercial aspects of bidding and contract management within defined areas of responsibility.
Proposed Job Band
Reporting to Head of Commercial
To provide a specialist contractual service to the business at a strategic and tactical level and at all stages of the opportunity/project cycle.
AEUK, Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities desired
- A significant record of commercial management within the defence market in the UK and/or export markets.
- Able to draft and review a broad range of commercial agreements including terms and conditions of contract, NDAs, MoUs, Teaming Agreements and License Agreements.
- Highly skilled in structuring, managing and closing complex negotiations.
- A strong ability to to identify and understand the obligations, liabilities and commercial risks within a contract.
- A thorough understanding of different pricing mechanisms and the associated risks and benefits.
- An understanding of contract law and compliance/regulatory frameworks.
- The ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse complex commercial issues.
- Capable of building constructive and positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and with external customers both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated, a self-starter with initiative and capable of working with minimal supervision
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Develop winning bids whilst ensuring that commercial risks to the business are managed and mitigated.
- Managing contracts to ensure customer satisfaction whilst improving financial performance and reducing risk to the business.
- Ensuring that commercial and contractual issues facing the business are communicated and understood.
- Provides comprehensive support and advice on contractual and commercial matters relevant to all market areas e.g. UK MoD and overseas.
- Communicates ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Commercial policy, guidance and awareness, ensuring best practice and consistency across the company.
- Lead on the commercial input into bids and proposals in order to develop a suitable risks/reward balance, influence the development and content of the proposal and to ensure that a complete response is provided to the customer.
- Lead contract negotiations with customers and key partners on behalf of the business.
- Provide a contract management service to the business through the management of contracts to improve the financial position, manage customer satisfaction and ensure performance is in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure AEUK business is managed and delivered in accordance with the Corporate and legislative compliance frameworks
- Negotiate and close contracts in accordance with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK approvals.
- Apply company policies and procedures through all stages of the bid process, contract negotiation, contract acceptance and contact management.
- Identify and report key obligations, liabilities and risks to the business.
- Develop long term relationships and effective communication with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain contractual records, correspondence and document key decisions.
- Focused on achieving objectives within required timescales
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Responsive and able to juggle multiple demands
- Work as a trusted and capable team player
- Shares knowledge and experience, particularly in coaching and developing junior departmental staff.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB