Purpose of Job
To undertake commercial aspects of bidding and contract management within defined areas of responsibility.
To Head ofCommercial
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
To provide a specialist contractual service to the business at a tactical level and at all stages of the opportunity/project cycle.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of commercial management within the defencemarket in the UK and/or export markets.
- Able to draft and review a broad range of commercial agreements including terms and conditions of contract, NDAs, MoUs, Teaming Agreements and License Agreements.
- Able to manage and close negotiations within established contracting frameworks and defined parameters.
- An understanding of the obligations, liabilities and commercial risks within a contract.
- A thorough understanding of different pricing mechanisms and the associated risks and benefits.
- An appreciation of contract law and compliance/regulatory frameworks.
- The ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analysecomplex commercial issues.
- Capable of building constructive and positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisationand with external customers both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated, a self-starter with initiative and capable of working with some supervision
- Capable of developing towards Commercial Manager role
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Develop winning bids whilst ensuring that commercial risks to the business are managed and mitigated.
- Managing contracts to ensure customer satisfaction whilst ensuring contractual compliance and reducing risk to the business.
- Ensuring that commercial and contractual issues facing the business are communicated and understood.
- Provide support and advice on commercial matters relevant to all market areas e.g. UK MoDand overseas.
- Communicates ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Commercial policy, guidance and awareness, ensuring best practice and consistency across the company.
- Support the commercial input into bids and proposals in order to develop a suitable risks/reward balance and to ensure that a complete response is provided to the customer.
- Support contract negotiations with customers and key partners on behalf of the business.
- Provide a contract management service to the business through the management of contracts to improve the financial position, manage customer satisfaction and ensure performance is in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure AEUK contracts are managed in accordance with the Corporate and legislative compliance frameworks
- Negotiate and agree contracts with customers and key partners on behalf of the business in accordance with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK approvals.
- Apply company policies and procedures through all stages of the bid process, contract negotiation, contract acceptance and contact management.
- Identify and report key obligations, liabilities and risks to the business.
- Develop long term relationships and effective communication with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain contractual records, correspondence, and document key decisions.
- Support Commercial Managers and Head of Commercial as required.
- Focused on achieving objectives within required timescales
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Responsive and able to manage multiple demands
- Work as a trusted and capable team player
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB