Configuration and Asset Controller - JO 20/18
Configuration and Asset Controller
Head of Business Assurance
Based in Dorset, AEUK has experienced a period of sustained growth and expects to be a £100m maritime systems company in 5 years. Our principal
business activities which were once limited to research and development of technology demonstrators have now expanded to include the design, development, low volume production and support of highly customized products (generally engineered-to-order).
AEUK is now implementing a number of measures designed to sustain and build upon our success. AEUK’s change programme (referred to as STEP-UP) will impact the working lives of all employees and also includes the upgrade/replacement of legacy business tools to deliver a fully integrated enterprise wide business system.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management and Planning activities. Fully versed with the requirements of international CM and experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners, subcontractors and suppliers
- CM Practioner or working knowledge
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer
- Demonstrated ability to organise own work and those of others
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially successful organisation.
- Desirable knowledge of obsolescence management
- Definition of Configuration and Data Management requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design
- Carrying out Engineering Change Management activities to include: reviewing documentation for completion and accuracy
- Participate in technical and design reviews to ensure that CM activities are covered in line with the Integrated Project Plan;
- Support in generating, publishing and maintaining: business configuration process and Configuration Management Plans as applicable
- Maintaining Design Signature Lists
- Supporting Configuration Control Board meetings modification meetings including taking and publishing minutes.
- Responsible for conducting Configuration audits
- Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan and process
- Provide guidance to engineers on the Configuration Management Processes they need to follow
- Producing CM related metrics at both project and functional level for Head of Business Assurance
- Maintaining each product’s as built information within the Document Set.
- Adding all documents relating to the Component into the Document Set.
- Updating each products history of Component changes on each Asset
- Liaising with all stakeholders including but not limited to Quality, Production, Engineering and Product Definition Group.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Training users in how to input and extract data
- Able to recognise the "bigger picture".
- Able to acquire new technical knowledge on the job with strong multitasking skills
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Strong and pragmatic problem solving approach
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB