Control Systems Engineer –JO_37_20
Purpose of Job
To develop and maintain software within a range of embedded systems. To provide software management throughout the development lifecycle.
Reportsto Team Leader/Head of Department
May be required to act as work package lead/manager at system and/or subsystem level
To lead the development of software and integration activities for solutions, products and systems within the maritime domain
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week,Monday to Friday)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Proven ability to lead software developments
- Experience developing embedded software with C/C++ and RTOS
- Experience with autonomous or robotics software
- Educated to Degree or equivalent level in a software engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering. Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems.
- Understanding of Open Systems Architectures and Principles
- Significant experience of Software Engineering Lifecycle processes and tools
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas, work across domains and see the bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills, including delivery of presentations
- Excellent written skills particularly technical report writing, ability to communicate with expert and non expert stakeholders
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software
- Off-board unmanned systems
- Command and Control Systems
- Acoustics / Sonar
- Software Safety (DEF STAN 00-56 & IEC 61508 or equivalent)
Desirable primary software/system skills:
- C/C++ for embedded systems
- Exposure to AI/ML techniques and methodologies
- Requirements management (DOORS experience desirable)
- UML / Enterprise Architect for system design
Challenges Other desirable software skills/experience
- Python (ideally with exposure to one or more of Tensor Flow, Kerasor Scikit)
- Rockwell PLC programming (Studio 5000)
- Communication protocols (CANBus, Ethernet/IP, RS485)
- Database design
- ISO 9001 and TickITplus standards
- To be agreed by appointment
- Technically proficient
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive, willing and responsive
- Motivated and genuinely interested in problem solving and developing logical, robust solutions
- Able to multi-task and prioritise a varied work load
- Wants to expand knowledge base
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB