Electrical Engineer (all levels)
Purpose of job
Drawing on engineering principles you will help solve technically challenging problems across a wide variety of projects from concept design through to test and acceptance events.
Reports to Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith, Dorset
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
About the role
Atlas Elektronik UK are looking for Electrical / Electronics Engineers across all levels of experience to join our team working on the design of our next generation of bespoke products.
This is a fantastic opportunity for engineers who want to work on advanced systems within the maritime defense sector on the development of complex and innovate products across our Sonar, Autonomous Systems, Submarine Handling Systems product areas.
Whether you are a Chartered Engineer looking for your next technical leadership role, or a junior engineer looking to progress you career and be supported towards achieving Chartered Engineer status, you are welcome to apply.
All roles will be supported by ongoing professional development, training and support.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required (experience dependent)
- BTEC, HNC/HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Working across the technical lifecycle from system requirements, design, testing / integration and acceptance events
- Knowledge of electrical / electronic CAD packages
- Knowledge of applying applicable CE / UKCA directives to designs
- Knowledge of design for EMC and electrical safety, knowledge of MOD standards would be advantageous
- Depending on your career level you might have experience mentoring junior engineers or in conducting trials on surface vessels and submarine or other similarly challenging environments.
- We are happy to receive applications from electronics focused engineers with a broader engineering interest and capable of taking on electrical / electronic integration and design work
- Discussing and solving complex problems with team members, suppliers and customers
- Producing technical specifications and designs, overseeing equipment through integration and acceptance events
- Development and maintenance of design data packs
Why join our team?
Atlas Elektronik UK is a growing company with a large number of world class engineering projects providing the opportunity for exciting technical work and continued career progression. Competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- 25 days of annual leave (increasing to 30 days based on length of service)
- Free on-site gym
- Group life assurance cover and sick pay policy
- Excellent company pension
- Provision for hybrid working arrangements
- Excellent learning and development including full support towards becoming a Chartered Engineer
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB