Electronics Design Engineer
Purpose of Job
Perform electronics development that supports the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high performance sensor technology and high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design, implementation and testing of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
Reports toteam leader Electronics Design
Asdefined by WPA
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- Debugging, Simulation, Validation and & Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
- Experience of design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
- Practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
- Eductaedto at least degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant discipline
- PA Design and test experience
- General RF design & test experience
- Experience of taking products through to volume manufacturing
- Pre-Amplifier Design
- SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
- Implementing designs using Microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
- Knowledge in EMC / LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process
- Applying innovation to propose and deliver technical solutions to design and research challenges
- Making informed technical decisions and recommendations supported by robust scientific and engineering evidence
- Delivering quality technical solutions within timescale and budget constraints.
- Responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs for sonar and underwater system product developments;
- Demonstrating compliance of design and implementation with system requirements;
- Delivery of quality task outputs within constraints of time and budget.
- Contribute to development of electronics design team capability and technology strategy.
- Identifies opportunities and understands how expertise can be more widely applied
- Strong communication and team work
- Adopts a pragmatic approach to manage conflicts and issues
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB