Facilities Maintenance Operative
Purpose of job
Support Atlas Elektronik UK to deliver its work programs by providing an efficient and effective service.
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities desired
- Broad experience of hands on maintenance.
- Experience in Manual and Mechanical Handling.
- Knowledge and experience Risk Assessments and Method Statements for internal and contracted maintenance & repair activities.
- Competent in using Microsoft packages as required by the job role.
- Knowledge and experience of PPM (planned maintenance) and Non PPM M&E and building fabric maintenance activities.
- Well organised and able to document activities for review.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken are compliant customers’ deadlines and undertaken safely and in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Timely and satisfactory completion of enquiries relating to support services via Top Desk.
- Carry out role requirements with minimum supervision where applicable.
- Prepared to step in (at short notice when required) to cover colleagues’ work during periods of absence.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken safely and in the most efficient and cost effective way in the required timescales.
Key accountabilities may include
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date manual and database records to an auditable standard.
- Responsible to the FM for the internal PPM plan documentation oversight and creation where directed ensuring all are maintained to the plan and to an auditable standard.
- Contractor control –Reviewing contractors RAMS and booking in to site /Supervising contractors onsite ensuring compliance with department procedures and company policies.
- Completing water monitoring tests in various areas including the transfer of water between tank systems when requested, maintaining clear records and raising deficiencies immediately to line management.
- Lift and shift activities (office moves, supplying, building and dismantling furniture, conference room configuration, etc.) disposal or relocation of surplus furniture.
- Ensure the Compound and infrastructure areas are maintained in a clean and tidy state including skips, parking, equipment storage, spill kit log and vehicular access; identifying ownership of equipment and arranging disposal as required in accordance with legislation.
- Deal with first line Topdesk requests for support services from Atlas Elektronik UK staff.
- Maintaining the lifting equipment register.
- Professional & Customer focused.
- Reliable, Flexible and adaptable with a proactive 'can do' attitude.
- Able to work alone and with others as part of a team.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others and if required be discrete.
- Share knowledge and support team colleagues.
- Be prepared, with suitable training, to undertake reasonable activities in support of the business.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB