Finance Manager, Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Atlas Elektronik Canada (AECAN) is seeking a motivated and experienced Finance Manager to be part of our core team in a diverse and dynamic environment. You will be responsible for full-cycling accounting at Atlas Elektronik Canada and the in-house resource for Industrial and Technological Benefits. Our office is located in the Vancouver Island Technology Park on Markham St. Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Leads, develops, implements and oversees adherence to corporate policy and procedures related to budgeting, financial analysis, financial planning and financial reporting.
- Manages financial data necessary for annual and interim reporting requirements
- Responsible for overseeing full-cycle payroll functions
- Oversees the banking relationship for AECAN.
- Prepares special reports as requested by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Liaises with finance at AE GmbH with regards to monthly and yearly financial reporting requirements.
- Prepares annual budgets and forecasts.
- Oversees period-end and year end close, provides expertise, analytics and assists in the completion of annual financial statements.
- Overseeing the application and tracking of government grants and ensuring appropriate documentation is kept. (i.e. SR & ED)
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls at AECAN; makes recommendations on improvements and implements as discussed with President and CEO. (Managing Director)
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Ensures AECAN complies with federal and provincial legal requirements for corporate tax, transfer pricing, value added taxes (HST/GST/PST), Employer Health Tax enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Liaises with Canada Revenue Agency for queries or audits as they occur.
- Prepares annual financial statements and support for corporate tax preparation.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting transaction sheets to claim Industrial and Technological Benefits, ensuring AECAN is preparing appropriate documentation, meeting reporting requirements and adhering to legislation.
- You are a CPA CA,CMA or CGA and have a minimum of 5 years‘ experience in a Financial Management role.
- Payroll experience desireable.
- Experience working in a defence or marine environment will be an asset.
- Experience with Sage 50 is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Industrial and Technological Benefits program an asset.
Due to the nature of our work, candidates must be eligible to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4464 Markham St.
V8Z 7X8 Victoria; CANADA