FPGA Design Engineer
Purpose of Job
Perform FPGA firmware development that supports the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design, implementation and testing of various high speed serial communication protocols, such as Gigabit Ethernet as well as data conversion and digital signal processing techniques
Reports to team leader Electronics Design
Asdefined by WPA
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
- Translate customer requirements into a firmware specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the firmware specifications.
- Carry out detailed implementation of RTL, constrained Place and Route and timing closure.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare related test cases to verify that the implemented design meets the requirements.
- Design and utilise both unit level and BFM style verification test benches to exercise RTL.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of a Hardware Description Language (preferably VHDL)
- Proficiency in the use of a simulation tool e.g. ModelSim, Active-HDL,
- Proficient in the use of Vendor design tools such as Xilinx Vivadoor Altera QuartusPrime
- Design and delivery of digital systems targeted at Programmable Logic Devices
- IP Block design and Delivery
- FPGA Verification using Self-Checking Testbenches
- Producing high quality behaviouralmodels
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in the use of a synthesis tool preferably (preferably Vivado)
- Experience in developing robust timing constraints and timing analysis (preferably SDC/XDC)
- Experience in scripting FPGA design, synthesis, simulation & test tools using TCL, PERL, PYTHON
- Experience in multiple clock domain designs and domain crossing techniques
- Experience of Matlab
- Experience in a software programming language
- Experience of implementing DSP within an FPGA
- Programmable SoCfamilies such as Xilinx's Zynq
- Applying innovation to propose and deliver technical solutions to design and challenges;
- Making informed technical decisions and recommendations supported by robust engineering evidence;
- Delivering quality technical solutions within timescale and budget constraints.
- Leading the development of firmware and FPGA solitionsfor sonar and underwater system product developments;
- Demonstrating compliance of design and implementation with system requirements;
- Delivery of quality task outputs within constraints of time and budget.
- Contribute to development of electronics design team capability and technology strategy.
- Identifies opportunities and understands how expertise can be more widely applied
- Strong communication and team work
- Adopts a pragmatic approach to manage conflicts and issues
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB