Head of Procurement
Purpose of job
To develop and manage the procurement department including setting targets, monitoring performance and implementation and development of procurement strategies
Chief Financial Officer
Line management of Procurement Team
In accordance with Delegation of Authority
Dorset Green Technology Park, Winfrith
Permanent / Full Time
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Previous experience of leading a procurement team in a global supply chain environment
- Proven experience in setting the strategy and transforming a procurement team from order placement to complete supply chain management, working with the business at the early design phase to develop long term supplier relationships.
- Previous experience in managing complex sub contracts and tactical procurement buying
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills
- Proven knowledge of Contract law
- Ability to interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to create MS PowerPoint presentations and MS Excel databases and pivot tables
- Previous experience in using ERP systems would be advantageous
- Ability to write key contracts from scratch
- Experience on international projects with offset obligations
- Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business, both internally and externally
- MCIPS (or equivalent) qualified
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Identification, assessment and management of potential risks associated with differing sourcing strategies
- Produce regular reports on performance and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested
- Make or buy decisions and analysis
- Develop more efficient procurement processes to reflect growth in business
- Negotiate Commercial Terms and Conditions for major supplier contracts
- Ensure adherence to AEUK processes and procedures including export compliance, ethical procurement practices and ITAR regulations
- Reduce the active supply base
- Prospect for new innovative sources of supply, working to gain competitive advantage for AEUK
- Work closely with Commercial Department to ensure contract compliance and limitation of risk, especially pertaining to costs and lead times
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring continuous performance improvement, implementing necessary action plans
- Strategic thinking across multi-discipline teams
- Strong leader and manager
- Sound commercial judgement
- Able to make sound decisions within complex situations, sometimes with no close precedent
- Acts as a mentor for the development of colleagues and team members
- Shares success
- Ensures clarity of goals, direction and standards.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance) on commencement.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity for further development and receive a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB