Head of Sales-Submarine Systems Division
Purpose of job
A clear leadership role working alongside Head of Delivery and Chief Engineer. Able to build customer relationships at senior levels and would expect the successful candidateto have bidding and negotiation experience. Would be expected to articulate business and sales strategies, develop opportunities but most importantly work internally to ensure buy-in at all levels. Responsible for brigading the Product and Sales teamand creating growth strategies. Able to create targets and deliver on company and Division targets. Staff management would be a key part of the role as well as recruitment.
- Managing and Delivering the Divisional Order Intake, Corporate Planning and BidTargets and Budgets
- Line management of Product& Sales team
- Setting out the future sales strategy and product requirements
- Assigning teams to sales opportunities, bids and products
- Ensuring the AEUK sales process is implemented and followed
- Conducting phase reviews of projects
Reports toHead of Submarine Systems
Product and Business Managers withinthe Submarine Systems Division
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Primarily outward facing requiring good people skills, the ability to build lasting relationships and tenacity to meet targets
- Ability to develop divisional strategies that align with AEUK goals
- Strategic thinking with strong focus on targets
- Ability to manage and develop a strong, motivated and high performing sales team
- Good understanding of internal and external stakeholders, including SMT, AEUK board, Atlas Group shareholders and industry leaders.
- Ability to solve complex problems, taking account of political, financial and commercial dimensions
- Provide strategic advice for sales campaigns and product developments
- Promote effective and collaborative behaviors across Product, System Design Authority and Project teams Sales
- Target and results driven
- Experience in leading and delivering large complex bids
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Leadership of the sales process throughout the whole pursuit-to-bid lifecycle
- An accomplished presenter, confident in front of people with strong inter-personal skills. The ability to think imaginatively and communicate the result
- Sound judgement with an ability to analyze and estimate
- Understanding of Submarine related products and technologies. Domain knowledge is helpful but not essential
- The ability to manage across Divisional boundaries developing ideas and influence people.
- Managing up, gaining the trust of the Senior Management Team to gain support for sales and product requirements
- Good knowledge of AEUK and AE Group products and technologies.
- Close engagement with engineering, Divisional/Department Heads, team leaders and support functions
- Ensure that bids and projects are based around a structured programme that is compliant with business and engineering processes
- Growing a strong future sales pipeline in line with the AEUK growth strategy
- Coordinating and producing strong competitive bid proposals
- Winning profitable opportunities within a very competitive market
- Growing our sales portfolio into adjacent markets
- IBP 5 year sales plan
- Delivering in year Divisional Sales Target
- Management of Bid and Sales budget
- Adherence to sales/LCM process
- Product strategies and investment business cases
- R&D proposals
- Head of Submarine Systems Division
- Business Development Director
- Surface Ships Division - Head of Sales
- Head of MOD Division
- Tenacity, drive and self-motivation
- Exploits national and international reputation and networks to maintain detailed understanding of stakeholder/market requirements
- Promotes delivery excellence within team
- Can lead strong teams and be a team player
- Seek and be open to advice and strategic direction from the Senior Management Team
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified
people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB