Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Purpose of job
A member of the Health, Safety and Environment Department. This role is fundamental to ensuring AEUK meets its legislative responsibilities and management system requirements in an efficient and effective manner. Specifically, the minimisation of the organisations environmental impacts, and maintaining the safety, health and wellbeing of employees and other interested parties.
Direct to Environment, Health and Safety Manager
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities
- Degree educated or relevant experience in a similar role
- Recognised professional membership, such as IOSH At least 3 years professional experience
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental law
- Manufacturing/Production experience
- Trained Auditor ISO 14001/45001 understanding
- Willingness to embrace personal development
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Balancing the Company’s needs with that of the regulatory framework
- Improving health safety and environmental standards in a rapidly growing organisation
Key accountabilities may include
- Capable of taking responsibility for company EHS matters, covering but not limited to:
- Risk, PUWER, CoSHH and Impact Assessments
- Initiate Accident/Incident Investigation Reports
- Report SHE activity progress and matters of concern to the Head of Department
- EHS inspection and audit Continuous improvement of EHS policies, processes and working practices
- Implementing emergency procedures
- Support the SHE Committee and EHS Boards
- Communication and Engagement at all levels to embed EHS
- Culture Management of on-line training package; DSE application
- Team Player
- Support to Department Head, Division Head and Senior Management Team in relation to matters Health, Safety and Environment with a proactive and supportive attitude to finding solutions
- Strong self-motivation with ability to work independently
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver with eye for improvement
- Aligning own values with the Company’s purpose and expectations
- Strong IT skills
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB