In Service Support Engineer -Seafox
Purpose of job
Manage a team of systems engineers.
This newly created role requires a highly motivated In-Service Support Engineer (ISSE). We are looking for someone whom is adept at managing and delivering support to a Mine Detection System (MDS) whilst possessing a strong technical knowledge of the product area.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved within a rapidly growing organisationon both a national and international scale. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both staff and customers is therefore key, in addition to an enthusiasm to contribute to all areas of the company when required.
To work with the current MDS Logistics Manager as the point of contact for all MDS Logistic related matters in AEUK, providing a customer interface and subject matter knowledge to conduct initial OPDEF rectification response, manage the OPDEF resolution, delivery and related spares for AEUK’s Mine Detection System.
Reports to Through Life Support Manager
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
The In-Service Support Engineer will be accountable to the Through Life Support Manager for:
- Acting as a point of contact for all MDS logistic related matters at AEUK, including silent hours.
- Management of AEUK Field Service Engineers when deployed to carry out storing / de-storing of platforms in UK Naval Bases or Bahrain, including any sub-contractors.
- Coordinating all resources to execute specific tasks.
- Delivery of all the mandated support elements.
- Successfully influencing and securing AEUK’s position in relation to the use of MDS to enhance in-service supportability.
- Ensuring all support contract elements are delivered within budget and timescales.
- Achieving and maintaining the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Developing networks and building key relationships across the MDS scope of supply to achieve objectives and fulfill responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- The successful candidate will be a team player with a proven track record in MDS. The ability to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels within the business will be essential as well as strong, well defined leadership skills.
- Maritime experience of operating Mine Detection Systems in service.
- Knowledge of In-Service Support, CLS/ILS processes and procedures
- Ability to conduct CLS/ILS tasks to schedule and budget
- Proven experience of Logistics management, fault diagnosis, testing and delivery of spares.
- The ability to develop innovative solutions to support operations using the forward and reverse supply chain.
- The ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the In-Service Support of MDS related equipment, ideally in the Maritime field.
- Proven experience of effective team management.
- Commercially astute with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and Senior Management in a confident and professional manner.
- Providing robust leadership to build team and customer confidence.
- Provide timely Reports and Escalation to Management on the progress and performance of the Logistical elements of the MDS contract for which you take full responsibility, engaging all stakeholders ensuring strong communications are established and maintained.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and written presentation/report writing skills should be developed to management level.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial, leadership and team working skills.
- Full proficiency in the use of MS Office toolset.
- Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, deliver a range of services, on timeand to budget.
- Management of the customer interface, representing AEUK and taking the lead in all MDS Logistical support related activities as requiredwithin the support contract.
- Assertive and confident approach to duties and individuals
- Leadership skills
- Reliable and accurate
- Must be a positive and strong-minded self-starter with motivational drive to overcome problems quickly and effectively.
- Team builder capable of motivating and inspiring others to meet the business needs.
- Ability to manage a team and to liaise effectively with staff of other disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and out of UK on an occasional basis
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK.
- UK full driving licence.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB