Integrated Logistic Support Manager
Purpose of job
This exciting, newly created role requires a highly motivated Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager. We are looking for someone whom is adept at managing and delivering ILS products whilst possessing a strong technical knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved within a rapidly growing organisation on both a national and international scale. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both staff and customers is therefore key, in addition to an enthusiasm to contribute to all areas of the company when required.
ILS Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to provide ILS Management skills and knowledge to specify, develop and deliver support solutions for AEUK’s product portfolio.
Depending on the stage of the particular project, the ILS Manager will be accountable to the ILS Team Leader for:
- Development and management of ILS and ILS Element Plans; Supportability Analysis, AR&M, Supply Support, Technical Documentation, Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training, Facilities and PHS&T
- Designing and developing the support solution for the product
- Development and management of ILS Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and schedules; ability to estimate ILS level of effort for costing purposes
- Analyse the support requirements within a bid / project and define the tasks and associated resources required to support the product / the most appropriate support strategy and solution through life
- Support bid programmes, proposals, report writing, ILS programme schedules and compliance
- Development of support strategies and solutions
- Management of project ILS staff including any sub-contractors
- Deliver all the mandated support elements
- Successfully influencing the product design to enhance in-service supportability
- Development of ILS requirements
- Ensure programmes are delivered within budget and timescales
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- The successful candidate will be a team player with a proven track record. The ability to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels within the business will be essential as well as strong, well defined leadership skills
- Experience in the application of ILS to large scale complex programmes for UK MOD and/or industry
- Working knowledge of defence standards: Def Stan 00-600, Def Stan 00-60 and Def Stan 00-40 Series
- Awareness of standards: Mil Std 1388-2B, Mil Std 1629A, Mil Hdbk 472, Mil Std 785, Mil Std 756 and Mil Std 470
- Knowledge of Logistic Information Repositories (LIRs), OPUS 10, PTC Windchill ARM tools
- Degree or HNC/HND in an engineering/science subject or has a proven record of accomplishment in a similar role
- Broad engineering experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools
Other desirable (but not essential) knowledge and skills
- Naval working practices;
- Underwater acoustics and signal processing;
- Military sonars;
- Mine warfare;
- Operation and maintenance procedures;
- System maintenance tools and techniques;
- Military equipment documentation styles and formats;
- Naval systems and platforms.
- High quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling customers’ expectations
- Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, deliver a range of services, on time and to budget
- Personal drive
- Flexible approach to work and can-do attitude
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Presents ideas successfully, with strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills able to produce workable solutions to problems
- High quality standards with focus on service delivery and exceeding customers’ expectations
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK UK full driving licence
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB