IT Business Applications Team Lead
Purpose of job Team
Leader for business applications and information systems
Reports to Head of IT
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
- Lead the IT Business Applications Team (responsible for business applications, information systems and associated processes)
- Line manage and coach IT Business Applications team members to help them to grow and develop their career
- Manage system documentation and training needs
- Deliver internal IT projects
- Responsible for the provision of delivery estimates including resource profile, level of effort, third party costs and delivery timeline.
- Selects/adapts delivery methodologies to suit the needs of a project.
- Identifies and mitigates risks.
- Identify and manage outsource tasks with contracted third party business information systems development partners
- Document AEUK Business Applications landscape and roadmap
- Delivery of improvements to AEUK Business Applications
- Maintenance and upkeep of AEUK Business Applications
- Supports business objectives through effective implementation of business applications, process and tools
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Proven team leader with track record of leading business application specialists
- Advocate for improvements to processes & quality.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach. Acute attention to detail. Problem solving aptitude.
- Be able to talk technical to non-technical internal audiences.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Proactively propose technical solutions that other departments may not be aware of.
- Ability to work in matrix structure
- Champion continuous improvement and best-in-class software development processes.
- Excellent communications skills at all business levels
- Technical knowledge should include
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred)
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting services, data analytics and development of reporting tools
- Knowledge of collaborative business systems, e.g. Microsoft SharePoint
Working within a complex business change programme
Able to deal with conflicting interests and priorities
Keeping up to date with threats and technologies
- Actively and positively engages stakeholders to drive delivery of change and tasks
- Problem ownership
- Excellent collaboration and team leadership skills
- IT Business Applications Team
- IT Operations Manager and team
- Improved Ways of Working Programme Manager, Business Analyst and Programme Office
- AEUK internal customers including AEUK Board, SMT, Department Heads and Team Leaders
- Third party subcontractors and contractors
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB