Senior Sonar Signal Processing Engineer
Purpose of job
To develop, implement and integrate sonar signal processing algorithms and software as part of sonar research and new system development.
As an experienced signal processing engineer / scientist, this role will play an important part in successfully delivering AEUK’s sonar projects. Projects will cover the full engineering life cycle, from novel research and demonstration, through to productisation.
The successful applicant will have knowledge of signal processing principles and the aptitude to apply this experience to the sonar domain.
Reporting to Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith – with some level of detached duty, including some overseas travel expected
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
1st May 2020
Include, but not limited to:
- Technical lead for sonar signal processing development and research projects
- Task management, working with project managers to ensure technical outputs are delivered to time, cost and quality
- Working with System Design Authorities, Product Managers and Project Managers to identify solutions and deliver to programme
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Experience in the development of sensor signal processing, image analysis and automated detection algorithms and software;
- Experience of sensor data analysis and performance evaluation;
- Proficient in relevant software and software development environments (for example, Matlab, Python, C, C++);
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or higher in physics, mathematics, engineering or similar discipline;
- An aptitude for problem solving;
- An ability to work within and/or lead a project team;
- Proven communication & written skills – an ability communicate technical findings and concepts to a range of expert and non-expert stakeholders including team, management and customers.
- Knowledge of sonar principles, underwater acoustics or maritime defence
- Applying innovation to propose and deliver technical solutions to design and research challenges
- Working collaboratively with specialists from a variety of disciplines
- Working with stakeholder from across the business to support development and delivery of customer solutions
- Communicating technical findings and concepts to a range of expert and non-expert stakeholders within AEUK and the customer community
- Assimilating output from technical analysis to form clear and coherent advice to inform stakeholder and key decision makers
- Providing technical leadership on multi-disciplinary research projects
- Actively supporting the professional development of junior staff members
- Highly self-motivated, innovative thinker, with determination to succeed
- Thorough and conscientious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen and quick to obtain, develop, extend and apply skills and knowledge
- Identifies opportunities and understands how expertise can be more widely applied
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB