Purpose of job
Atlas Elektronik UK Ltd is seeking an Manufacturing Engineer to support the site Manufacturing Engineering team.
To assist in the determination, generation and maintaining of information including the tooling required to produce the company’s products to the defined standards. Support the complete manufacturing lifecycle working closely with design teams on product development and ensuring successful transfer to reliable and cost effective manufacture including safety and environmental regulations.
- Support the effective operation of AEUK striving to exceed business targets including customer delivery and quality performance.
- Developing manufacturing processes for both efficiency and effectiveness.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
- Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of BoM data within defined tools.
- BoM checks include part quantities to support build, alignment for drawing configurations, APEMS data, Make/Buy details correct.
- Generate assembly procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable production to consistently manufacture products including the recording of test data in support of quality records and maintaining traceability.
- Printing route cards and build packs.
- Support and resolve emergent production issues.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality requirements are met in full throughout the manufacturing lifecycle.
- To progressive learn under guidance of Senior And Principal Engineers all aspects of manufacturing and tooling engineering appropriate to all AEUK’s products.
- Support the development of business processes in accordance with working practices.
- Active support to Change Boards.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret and communicate technical standards, specifications and data.
- Problem solving ability.
- Demonstrable experience in production environment.
- Understanding of production processes.
- Familiar with IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001 and IPC WHMA-620 where required by project.
- Good team player with ability to develop strong relationships.
- Self motivated, coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Timeline achiever.
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently whilst coping with changing demands & issues.
- Must have relevant qualifications, and/or background in an engineering or production environment.
- Awareness of Lean Six Sigma methodologies including root cause investigations.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB