Mechanical Engineer – Integration Support
Purpose of job
Provide Mechanical Engineering consultancy to submarine supply contracts. AEUK have Design Development and Qualification projects underway with the MOD and require an engineer with mechanical engineering background to support the team of designers with a number of design and management tasks.
Reports to Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Contract (PAYE / Umbrella), full time (37 hours/ week)
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to:
- Working with sub-contractors to develop sub-systems, responsible for the design, development and manufacture and any associated tooling. Verifying the design is fit for purpose, and meeting the customer requirements, along with management of the delivery of milestones from current phase until delivery.
- Support the production of sub-system information. Which will involve writing documents to the required standard and format, working with engineering team members to assure the information provided is accurate and complete, reviewing the delivered documents with the platform integrators and providing updated information as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi disciplined design environment for a significant period.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design(CAD) 3D modelling techniques (Solid Edge preferred)
- Good knowledge of appropriate drawing and defence standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of system engineering principles. Able to interpret system requirements, generate design solutions and test approaches
- Experience with the design and manufacture of Composite structures, specifically in marine applications (Preferred)
- Self motivating and able to work unsupervised
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge or practical experience in Mechanical Engineering Maritime systems. (prefered)
- Awareness of submarine and ship systems (will be developed in the job role if not held)
- Understanding of budgetary control and reporting.
- Focused on delivery
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound analytical skills; logical thinker
- Can plan and manage own work ensuring it meets delivery timeframes
- Presentation skills – able to present information coherently and confidently to all levels,
- Ability to communicate with non-specialists
- Good interpersonal skills
- Application of knowledge and expertise in challenging and diverse domains
Key accountabilities may include
- Applies engineering practices to day to day situations
- Provide sound advice and guidance on technical matters
- Provide support with input to bids and projects; helping to write reports.
- Works to required safety and quality standards.
- Work on board ships and submarines, travel in the UK (and possibly overseas)
Keen interest in science and engineering
Flexible and adaptable
Demonstrates determination to succeed
Keen and quick to develop and learn
Proactive in applying knowledge in other domains
Enquiring mind, can think laterally and ask questions
Able to apply knowledge and ideas to real problems
Thorough and conscientious
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB