Principal Field Service Engineer (FSE)
Purpose of job
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK (AEUK) are looking to employ a flexible and proactive
Principal Field Service Engineer (FSE) to support AEUK products, based in Winfrith. The role will focus on the overseeing of the Services Repair Facility, the maintenance of in service equipment, including submarine or surface ship equipment via telephone support, testing, fault finding and repairs under the supervision of the Services Operations Lead. The role may see the requirement to deploy at short notice to support AEUK products deployed oversees.
This is an excellent opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing organisation on both a national and international scale.
Head of Services Division
Operations Lead, Services Division
Services Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
- Act as the Services Repair Facility Supervisor.
- Field Service Support of In Service equipment and handling systems in the United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide (CONDO training provided as required).
- Survey and repair of AEUK products / equipment at AEUK premises, HMNB Devonport, Portsmouth Dockyard and HMNB Clyde.
- Deployable to conduct system grooms, equipment integration, surveys and repairs on products installed and in operation. Locat ed in UK and worldwide.
- Writing technical reports with survey and repair information, identifying and reporting back on equipment trends and shortfal ls as required.
- Secondment into other departments in order to develop product knowledge and integration for predefined periods.
- Support trials activities.
- Experience in managing engineering teams.
- Experience working on / installing equipment / integrating systems on various platform types in the maritime environment.
- Have excellent engineering skills and problem solving abilities.
- Experience of working with Mechanical/Electrical Diagrams.
- Be able to deploy to customer locations with minimal notice.
- Previous Royal Navy / MoD experience is desirable
- Fibre and Copper cable repair would be beneficial.
- Capable of writing technical reports and extracting information from technical volumes or from experts.
- Previous knowledge of Submarines and or Ships would be an advantage
- Strong IT, Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within AEUK , third parties including contractors, sub contractors and suppliers.
- Education Requirements
- HND/HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical and or electrical engineering or marine engineering.
Company Values and Behaviours
- Inspirational leadership
- Strategic orientation
- Business excellence
- Thrive on change
- Ensure accountability
- Employees must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security required for this role is Security Clearance (SC)
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB