Principal Project Controller
Purpose of job
To play an integral role in the ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Project Management Office, providing support to the Project Management community and Project Control Subject Matter Expertise to the Project Control Office.
Head of PMO
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- A proven track record at planning & providing project control to high value, complex engineering projects which include the full project lifecycle.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning & project control practice is always adhered to.
- A strong understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
- An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
- The ability to challenge project managers and take a leading role in process and reporting improvements.
- Subject matter expertise in a wide range of Project Control disciplines such as Scheduling, Earned Value Management, Change & Risk Management
- Experience of an ERP system, in particular experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment.
- Knowledge of Risk standards, specifically Management of Risk (MOR).
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- APM PMQ Qualification or equivalent (e.g. Prince II)
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans Opportunity and delivery projects (Contract value £15m+, high complexity), working with the project teams to ensure estimates and forecasts are correct and published frequently.
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce a fully costed and resource loaded integrated project plan. Monitoring and reporting on progress and issues to the project stakeholders.
- Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
- Support to the Project Manager in:
- Monitoring and tracking of project budget, providing a full forecast for all phases of the project and ensuring variances can be justified.
- Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management by ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams.
- To perform schedule risk analysis on projects and project opportunities as and when required
- Creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management data set and reporting requirements.
- Support to the generation of the Business level reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) data in support of the project and divisional level reviews and attend where necessary.
- Support to the work package manager: reviewing and where necessary raising change requests; performing scenario analysis in the schedule; and implementing changes.
- Providing mentoring to Trainee Project Controllers & Project Controllers to support career development
- Ownership of developing new and existing project control processes
- Supporting Head of and Head of PMO with strategy development and execution
- Benchmarking and Improving process and toolsets against AEUK customers’ processes and toolsets
- Ownership and delivery of Project Control training to new and existing Project Controllers and Project Managers
- Support the project on divisional and business level reviews, to present data / findings on the schedule, including cost & schedule variance and resource analysis, to support decision making.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and project delivery focussed.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative, with the drive to influence and improve project reporting and performance.
- Prepared to multi-task and work flexibly to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to interpret technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to delivery implications.
- Ability to challenge forecasts, identify, and highlight conflicts of data.
- Ability to work in teams (both functional and cross functional) and to develop an empathy with colleagues, understanding their roles and priorities.
- A positive can-do attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB