Principle Field Service Engineer (FSE)
Purpose of job
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK (AEUK) are looking to employ a flexible and proactive Principle Field Service Engineer (FSE) to support AEUK products, based in Scotland. The role will focus on the maintenance of in service equipment, including submarine or surface ship handling systems via telephone support, testing, fault finding and repairs under the supervision of the Waterfront Support Manager. The role may see the requirement to deploy at short notice to support AEUK products deployed oversees. This is an excellent opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing organisation on both a national and international scale.
Head of Services
Services Operations Manager
Waterfront Support Manager
Fill Time –Direct Charge
Responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
- Field Service Support of In-Service equipment and handling systems in the United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide (CONDO training provided as required).
- Survey and repair of AEUK products / equipment at HMNB Clyde AEUK premises.
- Deployable to conduct system grooms, equipment integration, surveys and repairs of AEUK products installed and in operation. Located in UK and worldwide.
- Writing technical reports with survey and repair information, identifying and reporting back on equipment trends and shortfalls as required.
- Secondment into other departments in order to develop product knowledge and integration for predefined periods.
- Support dedicated equipment trials both onsite, AEUK site, UK and worldwide. The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background with the capability to be able to work alone on handling systems, identifying and where feasible resolving or recommending remedial courses of action. Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical and or electrical Engineering or marine engineering.
- Experience working on / installing equipment / integrating systems on various platform types in the maritime environment.
- Have excellent engineering skills and problem solving abilities.
- Experience of working with Mechanical/Electrical Diagrams and Control Systems.
- Be able to deploy to customer locations with minimal notice.
- Previous Royal Navy / MoD experience is desirable
- Fibre and Copper cable repair and manufacture would be beneficial.
- Capable of writing technical reports and extracting information from technical volumes or from experts.
- Previous knowledge of Submarines and or Ships would be an advantage
- Strong IT, Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within AEUK, thirdparties including contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Working as a part of a team in a rapidly changing environment, meeting challenging timescales, reliably delivering a range of services, on time and to budget. Key accountabilities may include
- Waterfront Support Manager
- Services Operations Manager
- In-Service Support Managers Behavioural requirements
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be able to promote the company to all existing and potential customers.
- Must be a positive and strong-minded self-starter with motivational drive to overcome problems quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Being able to work alone or within a team with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working offsite, in workshops or within offices.
- Be prepared to conduct tests and witnessing testing both onsite and away from base at test facilities.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Confident, articulate and robust.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Promote a “can do” attitude.
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and out of UK at short notice.
- UK Full Driving Licence.
- Candidates will require SC clearance
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.comby the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB