Procurement Transformation Lead
Purpose of Job
Driving the effectiveness and continual improvement of the procurement function at Atlas Elektronik UK ltd.
- Support the effective operation of AEUK exceeding targets including customer delivery performance and quality.
- To ensure continuity of supply throughout the supply chain and overall supplier performance.
Head of Procurement
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
- Manage the Procurement Analyst to ensure ERP data, reporting and SharePoint are available for the procurement process.
- Review, identify and deliver procurement process improvement initiatives.
- Delivery of improvement in overall Value (quality, cost, delivery and performance) via the development and delivery of metrics for theprocurement function.
- Gain an understanding in wider business processes and long term strategy to inform the procurement process.
- Develop effective internal information and KPI sharing platform for Procurement
- Create and foster relationships with Operations, Engineering, Production, Finance and Business Assurance to ensure the wider business needs are met and promote the procurement function.
- Represent Procurement within the Improved Ways of Working program.
- Work with engineering product teams to improve information quality and flow between Engineering and Procurement.
- Identify and deliver enhancements to the procurement functionality of the ERP System.
- Develop departmental KPI’s that assist in improving compliance, on time delivery and quality.
- Ensure procurement ERP data accurate and timely.
- Work with management to prioritiseand deliver business information needs.
- Develop a training suite for procurement process.
- Actively assist in developing AEUK supply chain maturity and performance.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- In depth knowledge of procurement best practice.
- Understanding of end to end business processes
- Ability to influence at all levels
- In depth ERP/MRP knowledge (preferably AX)
- Able to mentor junior colleagues
- Experience in delivering change
- Highly methodical and analytical
- Able to prioritiseworkload.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Lean Six Sigma
- Degree in relevant subject or experience in similar role or equivalent.
- Project Management qualification desirable
- Leadership Skills
- Strong IT skills including ERP/MRP knowledge
- Takes ownership, demonstrates a bias for action, sense of urgency and focus upon continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment.
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently whilst coping with changing demands & issues.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB