Production Engineer - Electrical – JO_62_19
Electrical Production Engineer
Reports to Production Engineering Team Leader
Accountable to the Production Engineering Team Leader within Production & Infrastructure Division, the Production Engineer will be responsible for the successful transfer from design to reliable and cost effective manufacture by influencing product and component design and generating detailed assembly procedures that ensure product is manufactured to a high quality. He/she will also be responsible for maximising production yield while minimising production time and cost
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
- Generate Assembly Procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable Production Technicians to reliably manufacture quality products and collect all key production and test data for full traceability;
- Work closely with Engineering staff to influence the design of new products for ease of production and testing, taking an active part in design and production readiness reviews;
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Infrastructure staff to support the implementation and continuous improvement of production processes and facilities;
- Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of item and BoM data within Microsoft AX (ERP);
- Identify and resolve emergent production issues;
- Knowledge/experience of boat or vehicle wiring is desirable;
- Familiar with IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001 and IPC WHMA-A-620
- Have a good understanding of the implications and prevention of Electo-Static Discharge (ESD)
- Provide support in training, instruction and selection of suitable production personnel to match the skills required to production processes
- Design production tooling;
- Support 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methods;
- Ensure all production processes and equipment adhere to AEUK standards for EH&S;
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality requirements are met in full throughout the manufacturing cycle;
- Monitor production times and yield and look to continually improve performance by the application of new tools or techniques;
- Ideally have experience or qualified in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies;
- Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP tool is desirable;
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
- Able to instil in others a production culture supporting efficient manufacture of bespoke products
- Able to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents.
- Able to generate and analyse production performance indicators.
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Able to apply skills and experience to achieve practical solutions to production issues
- Have a drive and ability for continuous improvement through process development.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised.
- Working closely with Production teams, generate data and statistics on turnaround times, unit production costs, issues arising and recommendations for process improvements for the Team Leader.
- Have a good working relationship with key Engineering and Product Design Authorities.
- Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, ensure products are delivered efficiently, on time and to budget with minimum wastage
- Comfortable with change, self-confident, good planning and organisation, effective communicator, self motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, creative, good judgement, ability to influence, shows initiative, team player.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB