Production Engineer – JO 10/18
Reports to Production Engineering Team Leader
Accountable to the Production Engineering Team Leader within Production & Infrastructure Division, the Production Engineer will be responsible for maximising production yield while minimising production time and cost. He/she will also be responsible for the successful transfer from design to reliable and cost effective manufacture by influencing product and component design and generating detailed assembly procedures that ensure product is manufactured to a high quality.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Friday,6th July 2018
- Work closely with Engineering staff to influence the design of new products for ease of production and testing, taking an active part in design and production readiness reviews;
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality requirements are met in full throughout the manufacturing cycle;
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Infrastructure staff to support the implementation and continuous improvement of production processes and facilities;
- Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of item and BoM data within Microsoft AX (ERP);
- Generate Assembly Procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable Production Technicians to reliably manufacture quality products and collect all key production and test data for full traceability;
- Monitor production times and yield and look to continually improve performance by the application of new tools or techniques;
- Design production tooling;
- Identify and resolve emergent production issues;
- Support 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methods;
- Ensure all production processes and equipment adhere to AEUK standards for EH&S;
- Provide support in training, instruction and selection of suitable production personnel to match the skills required to production processes
- Ideally have experience or qualified in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies;
- Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP tool is desirable;
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB