Reportsto Head of Production Planning
Accountable to the Head of Production Planning within Production & Infrastructure Division, the Production Engineer will be responsible for maximising production yield while minimising production time and cost. He/she will also be responsible for the successful transfer from design to reliable and cost effective manufacture by influencing product and component design and generating detailed assembly procedures that ensure product is manufactured to a high quality.
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Infrastructure staff to support the implementation and continuous improvement of production processes and facilities.
- Work closely with Engineering staff to influence the design of new products for ease of production and testing, taking an active partin design and production readiness reviews.
- Working closely with others, optimisespace and facilities to implement economic manufacturing of all products.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality requirements are met in full throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- Support to Project bids and estimates.
- Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of item and BoM data within an ERP System.
- Generate Assembly Procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable Production Technicians to reliably manufacture quality products and collect all key production and test data for full traceability.
- Monitor production times and yield and look to continually improve performance and drive efficiencies by the application of new toolsortechniques.
- Design production tooling.
- Identify and resolve emergent production issues.
- Ensure processes are in place for the capture and action of design and production change
- Support 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methods, thus experience or qualification in would be advantageous.
- Ensure all production processes and equipment adhere to AEUK standards for EH&S.
- Provide support in training, instruction and selection of suitable production personnel to match the skills required to production processes.
- Experience of Solid Edge (design) and Microsoft AX or similar ERP tool is desirable.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment.
- Able to apply skills and experience to achieve practical solutions to production issues.
- Have a drive and ability for continuous improvement through process development.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised.
- Working closely with Production teams, generate data and statistics on turnaround times, unit production costs, issues arising and recommendations for process improvements.
- Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, ensure products are delivered efficiently, on time and to budget with minimum wastage
- Comfortable with change, self-confident, good planning and organisation, effective communicator, self motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, creative, good judgement, ability to influence, shows initiative, team player.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB