Production Planner – JO_40_19
Reports to Production Planning Team Leader
Accountable to the Production Planning Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring complex multi-disciplined Production programmes are run efficiently and delivered on time and to budget.
The role requires coordinating activities across all areas of the business to manage and maintain production schedules, mitigate potential risks and manage emergent issues to ensure delivery remains on schedule.
Accurate production plans and earned value figures will need to be continually maintained in order to report progress against delivery schedules to both managers within the Division, internal customers and the Senior Management Team.
Configuration and management of Production routing and other data within Microsoft Dynamcs AX will be a part of the role.
The role requires regular contact with, and reporting to, the Production Planning Team Leader, the Head of Production and the Head of Division to ensure a common understanding of any issues, constraints or resource issues that may affect delivery of product to time, cost or quality.
Working closely with Procurement, Material Controllers and Stores, you will ensure all materials, equipment and bought in items are available to the shop floor as scheduled within the production plans.
You will support the preparation of information and resource estimates for input in to AEUK bids, taking in to account existing production and infrastructure commitments.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent and having worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
- Experience of delivering complex, multi disciplined Production programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to ensure delivery of products with efficient use of resources within a sometimes fluid environment.
- Working closely with Project Managers within other Divisions, support the generation of AEUK bids by providing accurate resource and schedule estimates in a timely fashion.
- Able to generate and analyse production performance against targets.
- Able to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents.
- Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP system is highly desirable.
- Competent with MS Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and manage complex schedules with multiple influences.
- Good listening, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Have a drive and an ability for continuous improvement through process development.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised
- Input to management reports on progress against targets, issues arising and recommendations for process improvement.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB