Production Technician - Boats
Purpose of job
To produce/integrate products in line with drawings/specification
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Mechanical/Electrical Technician will be responsible for a variety of production tasks over a wide product range. They will be responsible for the installation and test of the parts required to make up a small sea going vessel (up to 15m) and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing
Reports to Production Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Contract , full time (37 hours/ week)
- Carry out or support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Installation of boat systems, to include, engines, jets, AC systems, water systems, navigational systems, on board safety equipment, electrical systems etc.
- Small repairs to GRP.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical systems
- Communicating errors in drawings or assembly to the Production Engineers/Team Leaders
- Assist with the implementation of lean manufacturing systems
- Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
- Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
- Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity.
- Follow company procedures on ESD compliance
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- An experienced technician having served in either a boat building or boat maintenance environment for at least 3 years.
- Able to read/generate mechanical or electrical drawings.
- Have a good practical experience of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and equipment or electrical/electronic installation and test.
- Ability to diagnose and fault find on electro/mechanical equipment.
- Slinging/mechanical lifting experience would be an advantage.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time and to budget with minimum wastage.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Effective communication
- Self motivated, demonstrating initiative
- Flexible and adaptive
- Team Player
- Promote a “can do” attitude
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB