Production Technician – Electronics JO_61_19
Production Technician - Electronics
Purpose of Job
To produce electrical/electronic products in line with drawings/specification
Proposed Job Band
Reports to Team Leader
AEUK, Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Electronics Technician will be responsible for a variety of production tasks over a wide product range. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
- Carry out or support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Manufacture and assembly of a variety of multi discipline products in accordance with engineering specifications and instructions. To include, wiring, soldering/desoldering, PCB assembly and fault finding
- Set up & operate test equipment in accordance with engineering instructions. Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations
- Communicating errors in drawings or assembly to the Production Engineers/Team Leaders
- Assist with the implementation of lean manufacturing systems
- Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
- Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
- Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity.
- Follow company procedures on ESD compliance
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities desired
- Qualified to at least HNC/HND level and worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing or production environment for at least 3 years.
- Able to read/generate electrical/electronic diagrams.
- Have a good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering to IPC J-STD-00
- Have a good practical experience of PCB assembly and rework.
- A knowledge of both analogue and digital electronics.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time and to budget with minimum wastage.
- Directly reports to the area team leader
- As a pre requisite must work as part of a small team supporting all members in achieving both quality of product and meeting customer delivery dates.
- Good planning and organisation, effective communicator, self-motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, creative, good judgement, ability to influence, shows initiative, team player.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB