Production Technician - Mechanical
Purpose of job
To produce/integrate products in line with drawings and specifications
Reporting to Section Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Key accountabilities may include
Accountable to the Section Leader, the Technician will be responsible for a variety of production tasks over a wide product range. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and operate 3 Axis CNC milling machines.
- To operate manual machines such as Mills + Lathes.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands on CNC machines to perform the correct function.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Knowledge, skills and experience
CNC Programme Operator able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential. The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations. This Operator will work within production and have a diverse/hybrid role. We would like this applicant to be involved with complex Mechanical builds, so a good understanding of Engineering / Mechanical drawings will be required.
- Proven experience as CNC Programme operator.
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Mechanical Fitter/Assembly
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- Successfully completed apprenticeship is required. (Preferable)
- Knowledge of Hydraulics advantageous
- A completed apprenticeship in the relevant field
- Level 4 or equivalent in relative field
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
Dorset DT2 8ZB