Production Technician - Operator
Purpose of job
To produce/integrate products in line with drawings/specification
Reports to Team Leader
In line with delegation matrix
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Operator will be responsible for a variety of production tasks over a wide product range largely including fibre optics. The role will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- An experienced production technician who has worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing/production environment for at least 3 years.
- Knowledge of Fibre optic principles/assembly/termination/test would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of optical extrusion would be an advantage but not essential
- A knowledge of production techniques including lean manufacturing techniques and 5S.
- A good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering to IPC J-STD-001and PCB assembly and rework would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Ability to assess the quality of manufactured items and rework items where required.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time and to budget with minimum wastage.
- The ability to adapt and work on different products as directed throughout the working day.
Key accountabilities may include
- Directly reports to the area team leader
- As a pre requisite must work as part of a small team supporting all members in achieving both quality of product and meeting customer delivery dates.
- Good planning and organisation, methodical with attention to detail, diligent, self-motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, good judgement, shows initiative, team player.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB