Project Manager-Submarine Systems
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrithin Dorset has a requirement to expand its project management capability to support current and future growth in the submarine market.
Submarine Systems Division has an increasing revenue stream from products used by Navies across Europe and Asia, and with growth opportunities in both new build and refit programmesaround the world. Major successes have been achieved in 2018 and further opportunities are being pursued in the areas of submarine sonar, signatures, communications, underwater weapons and countermeasures, towed array handling and electric actuation. The next 5 years is forecast to be an exciting and challenging period both for securing new opportunities as well as delivering systems into service that make a difference to the operator.
To ensure that AEUK continues to deliver existing project commitments and secures the identified future opportunities, additional Project Management capacity is being sought by the Division.
Submarine Systems Head of Delivery, Head of Division
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products from initial concept formulation & design definition through to final testand acceptance into service
- Excellent organisationaland leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements
- Domain experience in the defencebusiness or a recognisedhigh end technical industry
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and negotiate direct with key external stakeholders (Government, Navy, industry) often inoverseas environments
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to all internal and external stakeholders including travelling for face to face communications
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase
- Definition of the Project Team that will lead the project delivery
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle
- Management gate reviews
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimized
Bid Management -PMs are also key contributors to bids and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids including:
- Stakeholder management
- WBS, OBS and programmedefinition (external and internal)
- Customer and supplier negotiations
- Internal bid reviews
- Project management documentation
- Risk management approach
- Must be a professional, flexible, reliable and pro-active team player, with motivational drive and initiative to overcome problems quickly and effectively unsupervised
- Have an assertive and confident approach to duties and individuals with strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills to chase and close out actions
- Ability to work across multi-functional teams and business areas.
- Possess excellent organisationaland time management skills that will equip the team and business with an efficient service
- Ability to learn how to structure a project, review risks and conduct reviews
- Responsible to the Submarine Systems Head of Delivery and Submarine Systems Head of Division in all matters relating to project delivery
- External to the business, the PM is responsible to the customer for successful delivery of the project
- The PM represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- The PM sets and supervises the corresponding goals and targets for the project team, work package providers and/or suppliers
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB