Project Manager, Surface Ships Systems – JO 23/18
Project Manager, Surface Ships Systems
Surface Ships Head Of Delivery, Divisional Head and Senior Management Team
As per project agreed parameters
The ATLAS Group is a market leader in sonar and combat management systems for conventional submarines, surface ships, and complete sensor-to shoot mine warfare solutions and torpedoes. As part of the ATLAS Group, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrith in Dorset has a requirement to expand its
project management capability to support current and future growth in the submarine market.
Surface Ships Division is working to secure an ever increasing share of both the UK and World Wide export market for Mine Counter Measures (MCM),
Unmanned Systems and Maritime Security products. We have an extensive domain expertise in mine warfare and multi role unmanned systems to deliver
effective solutions in the areas of mine sweeping/hunting, maritime security, synthetic aperture sonar, signature ranges, and autonomous unmanned
systems. MCM has a very strong growth potential across the world with Atlas Elektronik UK occupying world leader status following continued successful
deliveries to the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
For this role the projects will initially range in value from between £10K to £250K and the project manager will be supported by a senior project manager within the division. Project types will vary from research and advice to product supply and in service support to UK and overseas customers.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
- Experience and/or qualifications associated with general project management principles and techniques
- Excellent organisational and autonomous skills managing small (£10K) to medium (£250K) sized projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders including project team members, senior project managers and supporting departments
- Preparation and update of key project data (cost, progress, forecasts, KPI’s..) to support business reporting and reviews
- Managing project aspects of supply chain with the AEUK procurement department
- Application of Risk Management process
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Ensuring project plans are kept up to date and in accordance with the business processes
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised
Bid Management - PMs are also key contributors to bids and for this role the PM is required to apply the
fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids including:
- Fully costed WBS, OBS and programme definition (external and internal)
- Internal bid review support
- Project management documentation
- Risk management approach
- Responsible to the Surface Ships Head of Delivery and Surface Ships Divisional Head and Senior
- Project Managers all matters relating to project delivery
- External to the business, the PM is responsible to the customer for successful delivery of the project
- The PM represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB