Senior Control and Automation Engineer
Purpose of job
The Atlas UK Engineering Division has a job opportunity for the position of Control and Automation Engineer.
This new position will be responsible for the development of control and automation solutions to support Handling System and Electric Drive technology. With specific interest in submarine and surface ship handling systems, electric drives and supportive technology, this post will play a key role within this highly dynamic, innovative and speculative domain.
Reports to Handling Systems & Electric Drive Team Leader
Initially no direct reports but potential to build a control team depending on project requirements
Dorset Green Technology Park, Winfrith, Dorset
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience:
- Designing and Commissioning complex Control Automation Systems in the Industrial or Defence environment.
Highly desirable is knowledge and experience of:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems
- Knowledge and experience of Distributive Control Systems (DCS)
- An understanding and experience of high power electric drive technologies in industrial applications
- A formal qualification to first degree standard (2.1) in an electronic engineering, software, computer science or similar discipline
- Ideally an MSc in Automation & Control (or closely related subject)
- Chartered status or aspiration to work towards Chartered Status (IET)
- A high / expert level of professional experience in the field of control systems and or electric drive technologies
- Good discipline in the application of engineering practices and quality procedures
Sebaldsbrücker Heerstraße 235