Senior Electronic Design Engineer - JO 32/18
Senior Electronic Design Engineer
Purpose of Job
To produce electronic analogue & digital designs including firmware development
Line Manager / Team Leader
Winfrith (Dorset) with occasional detached duty at other locations including on submarines and surface ships.
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- HNC/HND or Honours Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent;
- Analogue & digital circuit design
- Understanding and knowledge of one or more of the following would be desirable:
- Orcad or similar schematic capture design software
- Xilinx design environment & VHDL coding
- Micro-controller processor development
- Software coding such as C/CPP/C#
- VHDL Coding
- Computer literate and understanding of IT skills;
- Good understanding of Design Assurance as defined in the electronics design process;
- Good written, oral and diagrammatic communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures;
- Developing, testing and evaluating designs;
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- Trial support, including work on surface vessels and submarine trials;
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team within other departments.
- Use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products;
- Work on a project from design stage to final commissioning of the new system within the stated parameters of the work package agreement
- Carry out or support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Develop test and acceptance activities of electronic hardware and firmware
- Accountable to team leader, project managers and technical managers as appropriate;
- Accountable for the production of designs, calculations and associated drawings and documentation;
- Ensure that the requirements of the customer is known and understood and obtain feedback on the extent to which customers expectations are being met, ensuring the customers expectations are being managed in the event of unforeseen problems and delays;
- To progress design tasks through the design phase to meet project requirements;
- Ensure the drawings and modelling meet required standards and maintain the design record, monitor progress;
- Planning within the design group, determining milestones with the relevant project engineers and taking ownership of those on behalf of the design team.
- Ability to take responsibility for situations and work tasks;
- Ability to represent the company to the customer;
- Motivated, innovative and attention to detail;
- Able to work to a plan and within multi-disciplinary team of engineers;
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment;
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB