Senior In-Service Support Manager
Purpose of job
The primary purpose is to manage a number of medium to large sized Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) contracts. In this role, the Senior In-Service Support Manager will have the responsibility to ensure that the capability delivered is maintained and supported In-Service
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities
Knowledge, skills and experience
▪ Knowledge and some experience of In-Service Support, CLS/ILS processes and procedures
▪ Ability to conduct CLS/ILS tasks to schedule and budget
▪ Proven experience of planning and executing performance based contracts.
▪ The ability to develop innovative solutions to support operations.
▪ The ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the In-Service Support of Defence related equipment, ideally in the Maritime field.
▪ Developing experience of effective team management.
▪ Experience across the full Product Life Cycle.
▪ Commercially astute with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and Senior Management in a confident and professional manner.
▪ Ability to provide robust leadership to build team and customer confidence.
▪ Provide timely Reports and Escalation to Management on the progress and performance of the projects for which you take full responsibility, engaging all Project stakeholders ensuring strong communications are established and maintained.
▪ Work with the sub-contract management team to ensure that all suppliers are fully engaged and managed to deliver their requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
▪ Understanding of Project/Programme Management/Bid Management processes.
▪ Robust interpersonal and verbal communication skills and written presentation/report writing skills.
▪ Developing administrative, organisational, managerial, leadership and team working skills.
▪ Full proficiency in the use of MS Office toolset.
Key accountabilities may include
▪ The principal responsibility and objective is management of the CLS Programmes whilst ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and deliverables are met within the agreed terms of contract including timescale, specifications and quality, to the satisfaction of and acceptance by the customer. Further, to achieve and maintain the highest possible level of customer satisfaction as well as to secure AEUK’s interests at all times.
▪ The Senior In-Service Support Manager is responsible for working with the Division Project Managers with respect to cost and allocated risk budget associated with contract fulfillment of the project. In addition, there is responsibility for coordinating all resources to execute specific tasks.
▪ The jobholder is required to develop networks and build key relationships at AEUK to obtain ‘buy-in’ and cooperation in order to achieve objectives and fulfill responsibilities. Interfaces and communication shall be with all stakeholders
▪ Responsibility for monitoring and controlling several In-Service/CLS Projects and managing the day-to-day co-ordination and implementation of the programme management activities, to ensure the achievement of the Project In-Service/CLS Project KPI’s.
▪ Management of the customer interface taking the lead in all contract progress meetings.
▪ Assertive and confident approach to duties and individuals
▪ Leadership skills
▪ Reliable and accurate
▪ Must be a positive and strong-minded self-starter with motivational drive to overcome problems quickly and effectively.
▪ Ability to manage a team and to liaise effectively with staff of other disciplines
▪ Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal).
▪ Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and out of UK on an occasional basis
▪ Ideally educated to degree level in an Engineering or Business discipline.
▪ Formal PM Qualifications or experience of delivering complex projects, particularly in a Services environment.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
Dorset DT2 8ZB