Senior Sonar Transducer & Arrays Engineer – JO 29/18
Senior Sonar Transducer & Arrays Engineer
Reporting to Team Leader Array Technologies
Purpose of Role
Specialist sonar transducer and array engineer / scientist to support research programmes and product development.
As an experienced transducer expert this role will play an important part in successfully delivering AEUK’s sonar projects. Projects will cover the full engineeringlife cycle, from novel research, through to productisation and consideration of through life supportability. The successful applicant will have specialist knowledge of sonar transducer and array design and a proven track record of developing and implementing designs into successful sonar systems.
Winfrith (Dorset) with some level of detached duty, including overseas travel expected
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
6th July 2018
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Demonstrated expertise in sonar transducer and array design;
- Expertise in transduction methods, materials, their application and implementation in sonar systems;
- Understanding and an ability to model the physical transduction processes and interactions, and interpret this into robust solutions;
- Experience of technology maturation and the product lifecycle
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in physics, materials science, engineering or a similar discipline
- Significant experience in the underwater defence and security domain
- An aptitude for problem solving;
- An ability to work within and/or lead a project team;
- Proven communication & written skills – an ability communicate technical findings and concepts to a range of expert and non-expert stakeholders including team, management and customers;
- Effectively co-ordinates and influences contacts - Uses knowledge and expertise to help shape customer’s needs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Technical lead for sonar projects
- Working with System Design Authorities, Product Managers and Project Managers to identify solutions and deliver to programme.
- Identifies opportunities and understands how expertise can be more widely applied
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Technically proficient, able to identify / manage technical issues
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work load
- Adopts a pragmatic approach to manage conflicts and issues
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB