Senior Test and Support Engineer (TSE)
Senior Test and Support Engineer (TSE)
Purpose of job
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK are looking to employ a flexible and proactive mechanical and electrical test and support engineer to support AEUK products. The role will include:
- Maintain in service equipment through telephone support, testing, fault finding and repairs under the supervision of the Through Life Support Manager or Lead Test Engineer.
- Writing & creating test documentation, undertaking testing.
- Support to all aspects of testing and acceptance for given projects under the supervision of the T&A Manager or Lead Test Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing organisation on both a national and international scale.
Head of Services and Support Department
Test and Acceptance Manager
Through Life Support Manager
Responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
- Field Service Support of In-Service equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide.
- Survey and repair of AEUK products / equipment at AEUK premises.
- Deployable to conduct system grooms, equipment surveys and repairs on AEUK products installed and in operation. Located in UK and worldwide.
- Support of electro optical products currently in-service (training will be provided) both onsite, UK and worldwide.
- Create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy
- Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration whilst working with project teams.
- Support all test activities and implement test solutions both at AEUK and off site at test houses and customer sites.
- Writing reports and test documentation, conduct evaluation of test evidence
- Ensure all test activities that are performed conform to external/internal requirements and necessary standards including Safety standards.
- Secondment into other departments in order to develop product knowledge and integration for predefined periods.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background with the capability to be able to work alone on electro mechanical systems, identifying and where feasible resolving or recommending remedial courses of action.
Full Time - Direct Charge
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical and or electrical Engineering or marine engineering.
- Experience working on / installing equipment / integrating systems on various platform types.
- Experience of working with Mechanical/Electrical Diagrams and Control Systems.
- Be able to deploy to customer locations with minimal notice.
- Previous military experience would be beneficial (optional).
- An understanding of defence systems in particular in the maritime environment would be an advantage.
- Must be capable of writing technical reports and extracting information from technical volumes or from experts.
- Knowledge of Standards ie Electrical, Def. Stan’s, Mil Specs, CE Marking etc.(optional)
- Previous knowledge of Submarines and or Ships would be an advantage (optional)
- Ideally previous test and acceptance and or field service experience conducting fault finding on mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Strong IT, Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within AEUK, third parties including contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Have excellent engineering skills and problem solving abilities.
- Working as a part of a team in a rapidly changing environment, meeting challenging timescales, reliably delivering a range of services, on time and to budget.
- Working under other departments in order to support production and increase product knowledge.
- Team Leader
- In-Service Support Managers
- To the T&A Managers allocated to projects within Submarines, Ships and MoD R&A Divisions
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be able to promote the company to all existing and potential customers.
- Must be a positive and strong-minded self-starter with motivational drive to overcome problems quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Being able to work alone or within a team with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working offsite, in workshops or within offices.
- Be prepared to conduct tests and witnessing testing both onsite and away from base at test facilities.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Confident, articulate and robust.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Promote a "can do" attitude.
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and out of UK at short notice.
- Potential of 24/7 On-Call Support.
- UK Full Driving Licence.
- Candidates will require SC clearance
Dorset DT2 8ZB