Purpose of job
To manage the sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility.
Reporting to Business Partner
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
To deliver a high level procurement service to both internal and external customers.
To manage all subcontract activities including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance
against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
Lead the end to end Procurement process for bidding activities.
Project manage subcontractors on projects and bids.
Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from subcontract.
Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
Procurement reporting to project team, including subcontract status, risks and subcontract performance.
AX knowledge a definite advantage – must have MRP/ERP experience.
Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance.
Development of long term relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
Actively assist in developing AEUK supply chain maturity and performance.
Knowledge and experience (will be developed in the job role if not held)
- Experience of establishing and managing subcontracts in key prime contractor projects
- Experience supporting bid activity from a procurement perspective.
- Project Management skills
- Strong Commercial skills with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation such as statements of work, payment plans and CDRLs.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Experience of implementing Category management strategies
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- Proactive individual with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of Category Management
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Experience of Risk management
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Experience of Project Reporting.
- Takes ownership, demonstrates a bias for action, sense of urgency and focus upon continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment.
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently whilst coping with changing demands & issues.
Qualifications and skills
- Degree in relevant subject or experience in similar role or equivalent is desirable
- Project management qualification desirable
- Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB