T&A Lead Test Engineer - JO 37/18
Purpose of job
To lead/perform test activities and produce test documentation on allocated projects in support of the project T&A Manager. To provide general support to other T&A team projects.
Team Leader / Head of Services and Support / Head of Engineering Division
Dorset Green Technology Park, Winfrith, Dorset
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
- Lead test phases or events for given projects.
- Create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy
- Preparing and agreeing test specifications, budgets and timescales with clients.
- Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration whilst working with project teams.
- Support test activities and implement test solutions.
- Provide testing expertise where appropriate.
- Analysis and evaluation of test evidence and interpretation of test data.
- Writing of reports and test documentation along with supporting the writing of test documentation.
- Ensure all test activities that are performed conform to external/internal requirements and necessary standards including Safety standards.
- Support to the T&A Manager with Bid activities.
- Support the T&A Manager for given projects.
- Implement the AEUK T&A strategy and documentation.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering/Scientific discipline
- Must have experience (5 years +) in an Engineering/Scientific discipline & have experience in managing/leading testing activities.
- Specialism within an engineering discipline would be an advantage, i.e. electrical, acoustic etc.
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or working to achieve membership is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering lifecycles and process.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime systems.
- Background in and understanding of maritime systems.
- Understanding of Electro-Mechanical testing.
- Must be capable of writing technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts.
- Experience with Standards (particularly Military biased Def. Stan, Mil-Spec etc.) preferable.
- Experience with DOORS or DOORS NG would be an advantage.
- To support AEUK’s desire to have a fully established and credible Test and Acceptance Team
- Team Leader.
- Head of Services and Support.
- Head of Engineering Division.
- Project Managers of projects within Submarines, Ships and MoD Divisions.
- Personally organised and self-motivated.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Be willing to work away from base at test houses both in the UK and abroad and customer locations.
- Confident, articulate and robust.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance) on commencement.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB