Test & Acceptance Manager JO 36/19
Test & Acceptance Manager
Purpose of job
To manage all aspects of T&A for allocated projects at a systems level from Bid stage through to final Acceptance. The T&A manager holds the responsibility to provide test evidence to achieve sign-off against requirements for the allocated project.
Team Leader / Head Department / Head of Engineering Division
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent and Contract Positions available, Full-Time
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering discipline
- Must have experience (5 years +) in an Engineering discipline & preferably have experience in managing/leading Test & Acceptance or Systems Engineering projects
- Knowledge and understanding of System Engineering, specifically INCOSE (International Council of Systems Engineers) methods. Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime systems
- Good communication and people interaction skills, including presentation and group discussions. Must be capable of writing technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts
- A proven ability to write test plans and test schedules would be advantageous
- Experience with Standards (particularly Military biased Def Stan, Mil-Spec ¡Ketc.) preferable
- Must have a good understanding of ISO 15288 Systems Engineering processes
- Preferably have experience in providing the T&A response to Invitation to Tender/Request for Quote requests ¡V preferably in the defence domain
- Experience in requirements management from a Test & Acceptance perspective. Experience with DOORS or DOORS NG (preferred)
- To implement AEUK¡¦s T&A strategy to bids and projects whilst fulfilling project needs
- The ability to organise and prioritise numerous ongoing tasks
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- The ability to identify and task a broad spectrum of suitably qualified experts
- To the Team Leader
- To the Head of Engineering / Engineering Office for T&A governance
- To the Project Managers of projects within Submarines, Ships and MoD R&A Divisions
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB