Test and Acceptance Manager
Purpose of Job
A Test and Acceptance (T&A) team member, to manage all aspects of T&A for allocated projects at a systems level from Bid stage through to final Acceptance. The T&A manager holds the responsibility to provide test evidence to achieve sign-off against requirements for the allocated project.
Team Leader / Head Department / Head of Engineering Division
No direct staff responsibility. Will be expected to call on a wide range of suitably qualified experts both within and external to AEUK.
The Test Manager will have delegated authority from the Project Manager to identify and cost T&A activities for Bids. The Test Manager will have delegated authority from the Project Manager to task T&A activities to provide test evidence.
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering discipline.
- Must have experience (5 years +) in an Engineering discipline & preferably have experience in managing/leading Test & Acceptance or Systems Engineering projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of System Engineering, specifically INCOSE (International Council of Systems Engineers) methods.
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or working to achieve membership is desirable.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime or Defencesystems.
- Understanding of Electro-Mechanical testing and EMC/CE compliance.
- Good communication and people interaction skills, including presentation and group discussions. Must be capable of writing test plan,test procedures and technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts.
- Experience with Standards (particularly Military biased Def Stan, Mil-Spec …etc.) preferable.
- Experience in requirements management from a Test & Acceptance perspective with knowledge of DOORS or DOORS NG being advantageous.
- To support AEUK’s desire to have a fully established and credible Test and Acceptance Team.
- The ability to organise and prioritise numerous ongoing tasks.
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- The ability to identify and task a broad spectrum of suitably qualified experts.
- Team Leader.
- Head of Services and Support.
- Head of Engineering Division.
- Project Managers of projects within Submarines, Ships and MoD Divisions.
- Personally very organised and self-motivated; must be able to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to extract key facts from large amounts of information
- Effective communication skills across multi-discipline projects
- Flexible and adaptive. Confident, articulate and robust –must be able to withstand criticism
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Promote a “can do” attitude.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
- Full driving license
- SC Cleared or willing to be externally vetted for SC for DV clearance
- Willing and able to perform submarine trials and perform off site testing at Test Houses
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB