Underwater Battle Space (UWB) Account Manager MOD Research Division
Purpose of Job
To manage campaigns for future opportunities and grow the research portfolio for UWB technologies. Manage the research stakeholder community. Advise the Head of Division on future strategy to set an aspirational and achievable Business Plan
Reportsto the Senior Account Manager
Alignedto projects within the UWB portfolio
To develop relationships with existing and new customers across the MOD Division UWB account. To ensure retention of existing business and to identify and pursue new opportunities to meet business order intake targets. To support bidding activity through to successful conclusion.
DorsetInnovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Understanding of UWB systems and their operation in the underwater environment
- Experience of underwater acoustic systems, ideally in a military context
- Experience of capture and proposal management
- Have a collaborative approach with experience of liaising with technical professionals and able to translate technical informationcoherently
- Must have a good understanding of the MOD structure and the roles and responsibilities of key MOD stakeholders, projects and industries
- Able to work efficiently on their own initiative
- A high standard of staff work in order that an effective argument on paper can be produced and the work of others can be positively reviewed. This person will be familiar with the production of business cases and constructively influencing stakeholders
- The sensitive nature of the business will require a high degree of personal integrity
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written are key
- Member of an appropriate professional institution
- Degree educated in a related discipline
- Recent knowledge of defenceresearch and major maritime defenceprojects
- Formulation and implementation of the strategy for new research opportunities in existing and emerging UWB markets ensuring synergy and alignment with the overall company strategy
- Representing the company at external events and maximizing the engagement opportunities for customers and the supply base. Management of the account map and engagement plan
- Customer engagement and satisfaction
- Maintaining a strong relationship with other divisions within the company and supporting the exploitation of S&T through the product chain
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Equally at home when leading a team or working as part of a larger group
- Promotes a “can do” attitude and encourages innovative solutions
- This person will be a skilled negotiator
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Morson International, and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to aeukrecruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB