Purpose of job
To lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the planning and delivery of AEUK’s project delivery and product developments.
Engineering Head of Delivery
In-line with work package agreements
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
This role is suited to high-calibre engineer with a proven ability to lead and develop multidisciplinary teams in the planning and delivery of AEUK’s projects and products through technical excellence along with a clear focus on delivery to time and cost.
This role requires the development of close working relationships between our design and engineering teams, Project Managers and SDAs, the production and procurement department’s in-order to support the successful planning and delivery of our projects and product developments.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Specialist engineering knowledge (in one or more of the following areas Mechanical / Electrical/Systems / Electronics / Software)
- The implementation of engineering lifecycles and robust system engineering processes within a product development environment
- Planning and leading engineering work-package and delivery projects
- Leading engineering design activities and providing engineering support throughout the design, test and acceptance phases to ensure specifications are met, problem areas and risks are identified, and design is fit for purpose
- Leadership of the technical concept development of innovative solutions to meet challenging technical requirements
- Generating design specifications and technical procurement specifications
- Documenting the design process including demonstrating the verification of system requirements
- Understanding the application of project management principles and practice
- Technical management delivery experience as a supplier/integrator. Understanding of estimation, costing, pricing, contract, tender and bid processes
- Excellent written skills, including writing bids and technical reports
- Excellent communication skills, including giving presentations
- You will be required to work in a high paced environment that requires the ability to use your full breadth of knowledge and skills in a flexible and responsive manner.
Key accountabilities may include
- Accountable for the delivery of technical outputs to time, cost and quality; applying project management methodologies and system engineering principles.
- Building and developing positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Estimation of the technical costs of work-packages to develop cost efficient technical solutions within the budget by maximising re-use of AEUK technologies and designs.
- Reporting on the team’s Work Package Agreement delivery to Project Managers and to Engineering Division management.
- Highly motivated, energetic, able to see the big picture.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making.
- Promotes a “can do” attitude.
- Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
- Strive to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Have a good working relationship with team members and suppliers
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB