Software Quality Engineer
Purpose of job
In this Design Assurance role, you join our Quality team supporting the development of surface ship, submarine and unmanned systems within a TickITplus compliant environment to meet safety integrity levels (SIL) and associated standards such as IEC 61508. In this position, you will operate and contribute to the improvement of our integrated management system. This role helps ensure the highest quality levels of software, embedded software and firmware are delivered to our customer’s satisfaction while maintaining statutory and regulatory compliance.
This is a great opportunity for a diligent and innovative individual to apply their expertise in making a real difference to the company, and expanding our next generation products and emerging technologies.
Project Quality Assurance Manager
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong working knowledge of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models within a complex hardware-software development environment.
- Advanced knowledge of and use a variety of software risk management tools, design and process control activities, usability and validation testing methodologies to drive software product quality for new product development in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Previous experience of executing quality assurance activities supporting software development in a regulated environment – ISO 9001, TickITplus, IEC 61508 internal auditor
- Static code analysis tool use and interpretation
- Experience of working with ‘Agile’ methodologies.
- Extensive experience in new product development focused on software / quality engineering related activities in a defence environment
- Be able to work across the business supporting legacy and cutting edge technology in support of our defence commitments
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and approval of software development lifecycle artefacts
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the software development process, provide "solution-based" advice to development teams
- As a Software Quality Assurance specialist, ensure conformance to applicable regulatory requirements
- Provide interpretation and guidance on industry best practice Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies specifically V-Model approach to support safety systems development
- Plan and conduct internal audit to provide software development governance and support product design assurance and conformance
- Evaluate the acceptability of products for release, ensuring customer requirements / specifications and internal AEUK policies and procedures are met
- Provide leadership and direction on teams' software quality activities in respect of design control deliverables, particularly those relating to product compliance and performance
- Actively participate in the development, review, and approval of design deliverables (planning, requirements, architecture, risk management, verification/validation, problem resolution, etc.)
- Support the wider integrated management systems audit programme for quality, H&S, environmental and energy systems.
- Foster and support a culture of quality throughout the Engineering organization
- Identify improvement opportunities within the company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
- Resilient in enforcing quality requirements
- Consistently demonstrates reliable and sound judgement;
- Works to find creative solutions to problems;
- Desire to provide customer satisfaction through positive results
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple demands;
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB